Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lupus, Sun exposure causes organ damage.

These are a few posts that came from the moderator of a group i'm in called LUPIES. She explains the sun exposure issue so well, I thought I'd re-post here FYI.

Re: Sun exposure and organ damage

Thu Mar 7, 2013 6:52 am (PST) . Posted by:

"Donna" donnani4os

Hi Tina, I'm glad my explanation was helpful to you. I understand keeping blinds closed and the hoarding of the old type lightbulbs. We cannot use the newer compact florescent light bulbs because of the the UV exposure. That reminds me, anyone who get their nails done, esp with the lacquers or gels that require a curing time under a florescent light is exposing themselves to those rays that are harmful to us. If you must, get a pair of gloves and cut off the fingertips so that only the tips of your hands are exposed.

Our families and friends just don't understand why we keep our homes dark. My kids know why because I have to repeat myself every time they come over and say..."it is so dark in here mom"! They know the reason, yet they have the same comment over and over. The same thing with the redness in my neck and chest and my butterfly rash when I don't have makeup covering my cheeks. I can't tell you how many times I have heard them say...."why is your neck so red?". Now I can just look at them and remind them I have lupus...that39;s why. Sometimes I can get my point across with a simply look. Such is the life of a lupie!
Donna N/moderator

-----Original Message-----
From: "Donna" <donnani4os@yahoo.com>
Sent: ‎3/‎6/‎2013 4:35 PM
To: "LUPIES@yahoogroups.comLUPIES@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [LUPIES] Sun exposure and organ damage

Hi everyone. I read a post about the sun's effect not only damaging our skin but also our organs. This message is for all of you newbies who may not be aware that our skin is the largest organ in our body. Most people think of only what is inside of our body as being organs and don't think of our skin. I have a close friend who just doesn't get it. She says she has had a small skin cancer removed and she still goes in the sun. It is hard to understand that those of us with lupus suffer physical pain and organ damage from sun exposure. I even run fevers if exposed to the sun. My car windows have uv protection and I had my windows in the house treated. I can never have the sun-roof on my car opened during the day and have to close the shade on that window as well.

Our skin reveals a lot about each of us. Smokers cannot see their lungs accumulating damage but can visually see the wrinkles long term smoking can cause. There are even some cancers that first appear on the skin and I'm not talking about skin cancer. Some people develop a rash in the shape of an organ like the liver or a kidney. It is often the first warning sign that something is happening to our internal organs. Our bodies are quite smart and they talk to us. We just have to be aware and keep our eyes open.
Donna N/moderator

1 comment:

  1. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years
    and had constant pain, especially in my mouth. During the first year,I
    had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HIV and Cancer) by this Man Dr OSO and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr OSO telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as Dr OSO assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr OSO on drosohaberhome@gmail.com) or call him whatsapp +2348162084839

    https://sites.google.com/view/drosohaberhome/

    His blog page https://drosohaberhome.blogspot.com

    sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever be great full and of course recommend you to the world and all my friends my friends!!!

    ReplyDelete