Friday, March 22, 2013

Swelling/Edema and visual issues

I have been a little concerned as of late about the swelling that I've been experiencing. I dont know how to take it for sure because I've had bladder surgery and it may or may not have changed the way or frequency of urination. Also, I am just so darn swollen in the morning that some days I can't even open my eyes! It's pretty bad. I itch a lot on the neck and jaw line to the point I could literally rip it off! This morning I couldn't open my eyes and my skin felt tight and full and I had some mild chest pain. So I took my blood pressure. It was 116 over 80 with a pulse rate of 69. An hour later, after the swelling subsided a bit and the chest pain stopped, I took it again and it was my typical 107 over 67 with a pulse rate of 69. That's pretty significant if you consider that its 10 points + above the norm for me. I have also been experiencing some serious fatigue and right flank pain. Not sure what to make of that either, but I'm hoping that by keeping this blog, eventually we will find the significance. I will be discontinuing salt use for a while to see how it effects me. In the meantime, I have included images of the swelling I had this morning. The right side was more severe today than the left.

Blurred vision in both eyes. Unable to open fully

Couln't see from Right eye at all yet
 
Also developing red rash on face

Notice severity of Right side

Forcing eyes open
 
Forcing eyes WIDE open
 
I started looking up causes for swelling/edema in Lupus. All I could find had to do with the kidneys. Scary stuff!

Kidney Disease


Treatment and Therapy

Treatment for lupus nephritis must be individualized to the needs of the specific person. All of the following must be taken into consideration:

  • the amount of edema (swelling)
  • urine abnormalities
  • amount of protein in the urine
  • reduction of kidney function
  • findings of the kidney biopsy.

Diuretic agents may be used to help eliminate excess fluid. Anti-hypertensive drugs can control increased blood pressure. Anticoagulation drugs are used in case of complications arising from blood clots. Changes in the diet can be made to control the intake of salt, proteins, and calories.

There are two major forms of drug therapy used for lupus nephritis: corticosteroids to control inflammation, and cytotoxic or immunosuppressive drugs to suppress the activity of the immune system.

Corticosteroids

Corticosteroids have been used to manage lupus nephritis for nearly forty years. Still, there are many unanswered questions as to exactly how they work and how they may be most effectively used.

High doses of corticosteroids, or even corticosteroids given for extended periods of time, may cause a number of side effects (some side effects can be lessened by a low calorie and low salt diet):

    - increased appetite
    - fluid retention with weight gain
    - puffy face
    - easy bruising
    - moodiness
    - loss of mineral from the bones
    - cataracts
    - thinning hair
    - an increased risk of infection and diabetes.

  • High doses of corticosteroids (taken orally or intravenously) are given until the lupus nephritis improves.
  • The dose of corticosteroids is then slowly reduced under close watch of a physician to make certain that the nephritis doesn't worsen.

Cytotoxic or immunosuppressive drugs are generally regarded as standard treatment for people with serious lupus nephritis. These drugs block the function of the immune system, which in turn prevents further damage to the kidneys.

The most commonly used is cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan).

Immunosuppressives that are used less frequently include: azathioprine (Imuran), chlorambucil (Leukeran), and cyclosporine (Sandimmune or Neoral).

8 comments:

  1. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years
    and had constant pain, especially in my mouth. During the first year,I
    had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HIV and Cancer) by this Man Dr OSO and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr OSO telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as Dr OSO assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr OSO on drosohaberhome@gmail.com) or call him whatsapp +2348162084839

    https://sites.google.com/view/drosohaberhome/

    His blog page https://drosohaberhome.blogspot.com

    sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever be great full and of course recommend you to the world and all my friends my friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES DISEASE IT IS REAL TESTIFIED
    All thanks to dr Ojiro , i have being suffering from Herpes for so long till i met a woman who told me about a particular doctor who has cured her from Herpes i didn't believe it, till i collected her number and i called her,she is an Florida woman, she told me all i need to know about this doctor and i contacted the doctor and explain my situation to him and he told me all i need to do and I'm happy to tell the whole world now that amHerpes negative, may the good lord grant you long life doctor.Ojiro If you are suffering from such illness or you have any spiritual problem, HPV, CANCER, penis enlargement, hurry up and contact dr Ojiro via email: drojiroherbalhome@gmail.com.or WhatsApp him to via:+2348109094409 i will forever be grateful.

    Dr Ojiro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herbal medicine is the best Greetings I am here to testify how great man called Dr OMO helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my fibroids and Getting pregnant after 8 years of try to conceive with fibroids I takes his product (cure for my fibroid made with herbal medicine Root) for (14) days before I am to known I was totally pregnant after 2months of using dr omo herbs he also have Herbal medical for all types of diseases, and i promise him that i will tell the world about his Great job he ask me to drink from the herbal medicine before meeting my husband I did and after 2months I was pregnant thank you for your great job he can also help you if you have a low sperm count you want to convince a baby fast PCOS ,infections, stomach ucler , COPD Endometriosis, breast cancer,HIV?AID,ALS, yeast infection, Gonorrhea, Chronic Sinus, HPV low testosterone, Herpes, blocked fallopian tubes Liver parasites ovarian Arthritis, Cysts, pile, ASTHMA, Crowns and all other type of diseases,WEAK ERECTION, STRETCH MARK REMOVER , breast cancer, Parkinson's, male-enhancement Cream, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, HEPATITIS B pile, Get lost period back, stop period pain, Email : dromo596@gmail.com WhatsApp him on +2349033505260 thank you for all your work..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herbal medicine is the best Greetings I am here to testify how great man called Dr OMO helped me out with herbs and roots which he prepared for me in use of curing my fibroids and Getting pregnant after 8 years of try to conceive with fibroids I takes his product (cure for my fibroid made with herbal medicine Root) for (14) days before I am to known I was totally pregnant after 2months of using dr omo herbs he also have Herbal medical for all types of diseases, and i promise him that i will tell the world about his Great job he ask me to drink from the herbal medicine before meeting my husband I did and after 2months I was pregnant thank you for your great job he can also help you if you have a low sperm count you want to convince a baby fast PCOS ,infections, stomach ucler , COPD Endometriosis, breast cancer,HIV?AID,ALS, yeast infection, Gonorrhea, Chronic Sinus, HPV low testosterone, Herpes, blocked fallopian tubes Liver parasites ovarian Arthritis, Cysts, pile, ASTHMA, Crowns and all other type of diseases,WEAK ERECTION, STRETCH MARK REMOVER , breast cancer, Parkinson's, male-enhancement Cream, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, HEPATITIS B pile, Get lost period back, stop period pain, Email : dromo596@gmail.com WhatsApp him on +2349033505260 thank you for all your work..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Herbal Penis Enlargement product is 100% guarantee to Enlarge and get a better ERECTION ,  i was unhappy ever since my girlfriend back then in college mocked me of having a small penis and weak in bed ,ever since then i have been trying to improve my sex life but all effort failed ..but it got worse when i got married ,my wife is so angry with me and Threatened to leave me if i do not find a way out and i love my wife so much, so one faithful day i was reading some comments on a blog then i saw a comment of someone testifying of how Herbalist Dr Edidia helped him enlarge his penis and Fertilize his sperm count so i quickly contacted him by his email and he got back to me and i did as he said ..to my greatest surprise i got 10 inches within two weeks of using his herbal mixture cream and now its just 3 weeks i am having 10.5 inches i am so happy now..my wife told me am so much good in bed now all thanks to Dr Edidia herbal mixture cream for saving my marriage and disgrace. NOTE: he also cure sicknesses and diseases like
    PENIS ENLARGEMENT ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION DIABETES type 1 and type 2 HERPES GENITAL WART
    LOW SPERM COUNT WEAK ERECTION
    BREAST ENLARGEMENT
    PROSTRATE CANCER
    HIV/AIDS
    PREMATURE EJACULATION
    You can reach him via email   dredidiaherbalhome@gmail.com or via WhatsApp : +2349074505296 for Natural root and herbal remedies put together to help you get Enlarge and Erect healthy.
    Thank you. blogpage: https://dredidiapenisenlargementcream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS TO DR OSAZEE WHO CURED ME OF LUPUS DIESEASE WITH HIS HERBAL MEDICATION, MY DOCTOR HAS ALREADY GIVING THE NUMBERS OF DAYS AM GOING TO LIVE ON EARTH, DUE TO MY CRITICAL LUPUS DIESEASE CONDITION, BEFORE I SAW A TESTIMONY OF HOW DR OSAZEE HAS BEEN CURING PEOPLE OF LUPUS DISEASE ON THE INTERNET, AND I DECIDED TO GIVE IT A TRY, I WAS SURPRISED I GOT CURED WITHIN FIVE WEEKS WITH HIS HERBAL MEDICATION, YOU CAN ALSO REACH HIM VIA HIS EMAIL ON: DROSAZEHERBAL@GMAIL.COM OR WHATSAP HIM ON +2347089275769.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Combination of Traditional Herbs to FORM Herpes Treatment Has proved to be more effective than any antiviral medication currently on the market and accomplished what many vaccine developers had failed to do. DOCTOR RAZOR NATURAL HERPES TREATMENT had achieved the unthinkable – a truly holistic treatment for a virus. with no other known cure. This was exciting news for millions of herpes sufferers but not for companies in the vaccine business , I was a herpes Virus Carrier since 2011, After Placing an order for This Treatment February Of 2022 , I am Overwhelmed with Joy to be Totally Cured Of Herpes Simplex Virus after completing his Dosage, I decided to share my Testimony with those who might benefit from It, He Could also Cure * HPV, *CANCER *LUPUS *SYPHILIS *STAPHYLOCOCCUS *EBV *DEMENTIA *HIV/AIDS *SICKLE CELL amongst Others. Contact him on his Clinic Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com . Whatsapp Or Call him on +2349065420442 .HE IS A GOOD MAN

    ReplyDelete