Thursday, December 13, 2012

Doctors visit results...

So, here it is good, bad and indifferent. Don't like all that I heard. Some was promising and some not so much.
1. My knee X-ray was normal. This means no broken bones or swollen tissue. Problem is, SOMETHING is wrong sooo...off to an MRI for me. Now, we see if it's tendons/ligaments etc. That would mean surgery more or less. WE ALL KNOW I DO NOT FARE WELL WITH SURGERY so...not good news.
2. Abdominal CT was normal. This means, far as he can see I do not have Pancreatic, Liver, Heart or Kidney enlargement. THIS IS AMAZING NEWS! Now, because I still suffer SEVERE gastro issues, it's off to the Gastroenterologist for an endoscopy and colonoscopy. NO FUN! This will be my third time and it's not a good time whatsoever!
3. Lab tests showed muscle inflammation. Ugh! That's new and unwelcome news!! Oh...I've gained weight too. :(  We won't discuss that further. Just know that my rheumy backed down my prednisone and gave me the green light to take pure green coffee extract. WooHoo! A light at the end of the tunnel! Being overweight is a horrible thing with Lupus and when you are battling blood clots. It puts so much extra strain on your arteries and joints. No good for my bum knee now either.
4. My memory and confusion is of a serious concern and so I've been referred to Dr. Young (Neurologist) for a brain scan to see if I am developing the tell tale Lupus plaques. Let us all pray that is not the case!
MEDS Changed....I have been backed down from 20mg x day to 10mg x day Prednisone previously. Now, I am down to 5mg x day. This to help alleviate some of the side effects of the steroid. Second, my Plaquenil stays the same 200mg. x day. My Warfarin or (Coumadin) stays at 11mg. x day for now. I was told to take 1 Benadryl daily and now, he has added Azathioprine (AZA) 50mg. 2 pills daily. This is for inflammation.
Currently awaiting results of CU index for autoimmune urticaria. To rule it out I guess.
Compliment deficiencies;
(The complement system is part of the innate immune system. The complement system plays an important part in defense against pyogenic organisms. It promotes the inflammatory response, eliminates pathogens, and enhances the immune response. Deficiencies in the complement cascade can lead to overwhelming infection and sepsis.
In addition to playing an important role in host defense against infection, the complement system is a mediator in both the pathogenesis and prevention of immune complex diseases, such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). These findings underscore the duality of the complement system. It has a protective effect when functioning in moderation against pathogens; at the same time, the inflammation promoted by complement activation can result in cellular damage when not kept in check.) Since my Mother died with Sepsis, this is crucial.
Amylase and Lipase;
Amylase and lipase tests are performed to aid in the differential diagnosis of acute abdominal pain. Amylase and lipase are digestive enzymes made by the pancreas. An enzyme is a protein that accelerates a biochemical reaction. Both enzymes are members of the hydrolase class, which means that they split a substrate by the addition of water. Amylase catalyzes the hydrolysis of starch forming maltose. The maltose can be converted to glucose by other enzymes. Lipase splits triglycerides, forming glycerol and fatty acids as the final product. This will rule out a Pancreatic condition or renal condition.
Being looked at for APL (Antiphospholipid Syndrome) As if I need another DX. If this is positive, I will be on blood thinners for the rest of my life and continue to face life threatening pulmonary embolisms, and stroke.  PRAYERS PLEASE.

(FUTURE NUT SHELL)
Knee MRI
Brain MRI
Endoscopy/Colonoscopy.
Added Medication

NOW....Doc has known my mother and I for years. Now, with the immune issues my kids are suffering, he has requested to start seeing Angelica and made an urgent request for me to get DJ's ANA checked due to a picture he saw. In this pic, DJ had a Malar rash on his face and was very sick running fevers and sores all over his mouth. These are early Lupus signs/symptoms. Also, Jelly's attack by staph every two months along with migraines, back and wrist joint pain are also symptoms of autoimmune disease. Aaron just started getting the staph last month. This is not good and we need all the prayer we can get! Please do not let my children have this!!

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete