Sunday, December 9, 2012

Flu-Like symptoms.

Sorry I've once again missed a few days here. Yesterday, I had what felt like the flu. But it was strange. My sinus was burning like crazy. I took a Benadryl like my rheumatologist said. He witnessed my Angio Edema during a visit and told me to start taking them to see if it's brought on by allergy. Apparently not. Usually, my face will get hot and then start to feel tight (swelling) then one side will droop like I had a stroke. My GP is clueless! He said it was Urticaria or (Hives.) HUH???? This is so clearly NOT hives. My blood pressure is directly affected when it occurs! YESTERDAY...well, that was the first time it took this strange twist on me. The fatigue was unmistakeable. I had a massive migraine and my sinus was burning like crazy! It was one of those headaches where you walk gently (toe to heal) because every jar of my head hurt so bad!! Then when I would turn my eyes from side to side, that hurt too. I thought it was a flu or severe cold until my face started to swell again...and then the right side started to droop. It wasn't as severe this time as it has been thank God. I've been to the E.R. for it before when it was really bad and they rushed me off to scan for a stroke. NOPE. No stroke. I've been told it's Bells Palsey, Angio Edema, Urticaria.....Nobody REALLY knows what it is. This time, I took a picture so I could put an image to my description for you all. For the sake of my Blog. These images are never appealing and sometimes hard to look at. But I'm trying to educate people on this disease, so I do it for the cause. One of these days, I will put together a photobog page with just images of symptoms. Anyway...I'll write again soon. I'm going to try to figure out my day now. There's quite a bit to do so I have to get it started and WRITE IT DOWN. :) Have a wonderful day friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment