Sunday, July 7, 2013

DJ's battle continued.....







So, if you follow my Blog, you already know that my little guy "DJ" who is now seven years old, has had a battle of his own going on for a while now. We just never had any answers as to why he may struggle the way that he does. Well, we have begun the process of getting to the bottom of what is happening to our little guy.

DJ has had a history of rogue fevers with no source and general malaise. He gets sick a lot, ear infections, colds, flu's sore throats, persistent tummy troubles and he vomits at the smell of food. He also wears the typical Malar (butterfly) rash across his face that his Grandma wore and that I sport on a daily basis. My rheumatologist has seen what DJ has gone through symptomatically, and was urgently urging me to get him to a pediatric rheumatologist ASAP. He was recently diagnosed with ADHD because of his extremely short attention span and his inability to retain some information in school. He will begin the second grade with an IEP.

DJ had his initial Dr. appointment on Friday where he had a test come back that he is anemic. His Pediatrician then ordered a battery of other tests be done to check him for autoimmune disease and to find the source of his anemia. Anemia is very common amongst people with Lupus, this is of concern to me. I am hoping it's just due to inadequate iron intake in his diet. My son can put away a steak like nobody's business. He has put on quite a bit of weight over the last year and is 24 lbs. overweight. He should be 50 lbs. and yet he is 74. He appears swollen. He did his labs like a little pro. I think it helps that he has been with me during the lions share of my labs. I took mine first that day. Now it is a waiting game. We await the results of all the blood work to see if there are any answers to his troubles. I will come back to the Blogoshere and let you all know what we find when we find out, and also after my neurology appointment tomorrow.

Gentle Hugs~ Heidi

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete