Sunday, July 7, 2013

Oh! I just remembered.... (Brain farts prevail)

First, I have a correction, tomorrows appointment is with my Gastroenterologist and my appointment with my Neurologist is on Thursday.

The reason for tomorrows appointment is that apparently, I have worsening issues with my GI tract. I was in the ER on the 28th of June with severe acid reflux and pain (constant burping) couldn't stop. The Protonix I've taken for several years no longer working. I was told after labs that it appears I have actively bleeding ulcers. They put me on Sucralfate (1gm tablets) that I must chew up 30 minutes prior to meals and before bed, to coat the areas of the ulcers and stop the bleeding. I was also given Butalbital for pain and Omeprazole (20mg tablets) in place of the Pantoprazole or (Protonix) since it no longer seems to work. The appointment tomorrow is a consult for another scope that must be done to check on the status of my condition and see if the "Barrett's Esophagus" has worstened since that is a pre-cancerous condition, it is important to know this. In case I did not mention before, the Imuran that I am taking is known for causing cancer, therefore, we must keep a close eye on these symptoms to be ahead of the game.

Thursday's appointment with the Neurologist is due to the white spots that were discovered in my brain MRI that I had last month. We must now discuss what this means and what tests I must now go through to decipher the symptoms and whether or not they are all related. Meanwhile, back at the bat cave.....I continue to suffer exhausting memory issues. I do believe that I am starting to have issues with anxiety and depression as a result of all of this. I wonder if that is why I am so tired. Anyway, once again....Gentle Hugs~ Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment