Thursday, July 18, 2013

Lab results for DJ (I'm quite worried at this point)

SO, we got DJ's lab results back today. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried. So last visit, we learned that he was anemic. Now re-tested for the anemia, he is borderline. Here are the new findings that are out of range.
Potassium - ref range 3.8 to 5.1  (He is LOW at 3.6)
CH Compliment Total 50 (marker of inflammation) (He is HIGH at 60)
Cholesterol Total - ref range 125-170 (He is High at 173)
Triglycerides - ref range 30-104 (He is very high at 136)
Hematocrit - ref range 35-45 (He is low at 34.4)

His doctor feels it is imperative that he be seen by a Gastroenterologist ASAP. Her suspicion is a G.I. condition of autoimmune origin. She sent the referral for authorization today. My worry comes from a place I didn't even understand until the puzzle (that is Lupus) began to fit together for me after watching Momma suffer with it. Anemia is a common condition amongst Lupus patients, as is an elevated CH Compliment (inflammatory condition) as is elevated triglycerides (in Lupus Nephritis patients) aa is low Potassium. Let's not forget the nausea and weight gain. DJ cannot smell food cooking (or very fragrant cooked food) without throwing up most of the time. He has been tiring easily, and he put on another 3lbs since last visit (2 weeks ago) to the doctor. He was already 24 lbs overweight, he is now almost 28 lbs over. He should weigh around 50 lbs. for his age and height. He is 77 lbs.
Something struck me yesterday, my best friend saw my son running around one day and did not recognize him. She thought "who is that chubby kid?" then noticed it was my son. She said (Oh my God Heidi, he looks swollen!) Then, yesterday (only a few weeks later,) she came over and said "Wow! He looks good today! He looks normal. Not all swollen up everywhere in his face.)
OH MY GOD! Are you kidding me? That is one of my main symptoms is my face swelling up all over. I never noticed it cause I see him every day. My poor baby. We gotta get to the bottom of this ASAP!

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete